Fundraising from: # Enough Pain Campaign (check the link: http://iran-children-charity.org/en-GB/Get-Involved/Campaigns/Enough-Pain)
Date: 10th August 2017
Duration: 10:00 am – 15:00 pm
Venue: Institute for the intellectual development of children in Karaj
Number of people attending: 60 street and working teenagers between 12 and 18 (Boys).
Objective: To educate street and working teenagers between 12 and 18 on HIV prevention.
Participating Organisations: Health ministry of Iran, Control sexual health association, Kiana cultural and social group
The educational program designed for these vulnerable children is as follows:
1) Initial assessment of the extent of knowledge of these children about HIV/AIDs
2) Introduction to AIDs and ways to prevent it
3) Performance of the theatrical program “Rostam Mastan” (Vahid Jahanmiri Nejad) as one of the selected street plays whose theme deals with common social issues
4) Food and distribution of educational leaflets
5) An accompanying panel of counselors and experts to confidentially advise the children on any issues and questions they may have
6) Retrospective assessment of the effectiveness of this educational program