My challenge is a 3000km solo endurance trek from Qeshm in the Persian Gulf to Gorgan on the Caspian Sea. The aim is raise money to support the Iran’s children charity to help the children in need in Iran.
All children deserve a childhood beyond the stigma of poverty and abuse, with access to good education. Luckily I found a charity doing fantastic work for children in Iran and have delivered donors money, directly to those that most need it.
For my part, I am planning to complete a solo trek from Persian Gulf to Caspian Sea, a distance of 3,000 km, crossing deserts and mountains en route. My challenge will start on 10th October and I hope to finish it by the end of 2016.
Half the funds raised will be distributed to 10 remote children charity centre along the route, for their education and sports facilities.
You can donate a lump sum or sponsor me per km. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. You can donate by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/KamsTrek
My route takes me through the cities listed below and my progress will be updated on my blog, Facebook page as well as Iran's Children Charity Facebook page.
My route is https://www.plotaroute.com/routeplayer/273928
Telegram is http://telegram.me/joinchat/EGOwtj8ileeMcuD42tPaNg
Instagram is www.instagram.com/PersianGulftoGorganGulf
Aparat is www.aparat.com/PersianGulftoGorganGulf
My challenge takes me through: Bandar Abbas - Lar - Darab - Shiraz - Yasouj - Samiram - Broujerd - Shahreh Kord - Isfahan - Kashan - Arak - Malaya - Hamedan - Saveh - Tehran - Firooz Kooh - Shamirzad - Sari - Behshahr - Bandareh Torkaman - ending in Gorgan.
- 1100 books for 9 schools libraries in Kahourestan (Hormozgan province).
- Provision of toilet and wash facilities, boundary wall construction and provision of water storage tank for the Adib School in Kahourestan (Hormozgan province).
- Provision and installation of playground equipment for Ali-Ibn-Abitaleb Orphanage in Jahrom (Fars province).
- Provision of mattress and bedding covers for teenage centre in Ghader-Abad (Fars province).
- Clothes and sports equipment + Books for 20 children of an orphanage in Firoozkooh (Tehran provice).
- Nutritional packs for 100 families for Fatimeh Zahra and Shahid Akbari schools in Mahdi-abad (Alborz province).
- Nutritional packs for 20 families for Shahid Azadi schools in Meshkin Shahr (Alborz province).
- 2 industrial sewing machines for exceptional children school of Marjuee in Karaj (Alborz province).
- Computer monitor and speakers requested by Mahdavian orphanage in Ghaem shahr (Mazandaran province).
- Provision of facilities for Behshahr orphanage (Mazandaran province).
- Provision of photocopier for a village in Gorgan province.
- Provision of facilities for 7 orphanages in Golestan province.
Year: 2016 - 2017
Location: From Persian Gulf to Caspean sea
Volunteers: Kamran Hashemi